Monday, July 13, 2009

This that and a week...

The last week has been supremely interesting. Muay Thai classes have restarted. If I have to write about the whole madness of class, I’ll need a post entirely dedicated to it. The derby prelude shows were on last week and they were fun. All the night club and party action after a long time, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wednesday the stint was at Downtown, which now feels like a rundown shack of sorts, there the crowd was lackluster and not the best of responses. But Friday we hit the Sports bar, where they had a Karaoke night going and what an overwhelming response, everyone placed bets and bids and left their tables to stand around the screen, cheering their favourite horses that were running the virtual race. Cirrus was crowded to the maximum on Saturday, the party was pretty good and the crowd was great too. Overall a nice set of shows. The clips were on NDTV too, which I totally missed out on watching.

Sunday was the day. Like the perfect example of testing patience. My middle name is restless impatience and I do not have the time to tolerate anything. I was stuck cleaning, I started after class at around 9 in the morning, lost all my sleep, then went onto clean till 2 30 in the afternoon.

I learnt a few lessons; I learnt that you should not ever buy nice soft, silky, satiny feel kind of clothes, because folded in the cupboard; they are the first ones to slip and mess the rest of the pattern up. I learnt that you should not be possessed by an obsessive compulsive disorder, if you are then, you are history, the cleaning will have to be meticulous to perfection and then you spend twice the time fixing everything to your satisfaction.

I sorted the clothes by colour and style and based on where I wear them to and then put everything in the order of convenience. At the end of this herculean exercise, I was cursing the stores I picked stuff up from, my cupboard is over flowing with clothes and there is no space left even for another piece of a garment. These store guys should give you free cupboard or other storage space to put all the stuff you buy. It is getting impossible to fit it all in my cupboard.

After the cupboard cleaning I had to focus on scrubbing the bathroom clean, at the end of it I was wheezing and I had enough of it all. We were already late for the derby and I was hungry and waiting to go away from home and the thought of cleaning.

We got to the Derby late, just saw Aboline win, and got no space to park the car, so rushed back and left. Then dance happened, now that was nice, uncomplicated. Came back home by 9 or so and then had a nice dinner as fruits of labour savoured and then waited up watching Goblet of fire, for my aunt Pras mem to touch down from Singapore. Fell asleep at 2 am, and now I have started yet another week being sleep lagged and craving for the bed. Overall, a mixed week of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment