Thursday, July 2, 2009

PQ - A party version of DQ

I haven’t partied in ages! I am dying to get back to the dance floor and dance till my feet ache and hurt. The last party I was at was f bar in Delhi, what a party! And the nicest parts about these out of Bangalore parties are that they go on all night long!

I am a weird kind of part lover, I have to be the anchor at a party or I find it really difficult to feel at home, I have to be at the console with the DJ giving him or her gyaan on what to play and generally running the party, holding the reigns. I need to be the center of attention, and I admit it, I love it!

It has been ages since I hosted or anchored one, and I miss all the fun. I remember once at the New Year’s Party I was anchoring for at Fusion Lounge, there was so much chaos and the floor was so packed and I had bouncers around me just to keep the crazy louts away, we had a ball that night, it was so much fun, the dancing and the music and all the ruckus of new years.

The thing about being behind the console and on the mike is that you are in the lime light and every single guy believes he has a birth right over you and can ask you for a dance or can buy you a drink and get you drunk. But that is a part of the anchoring profession, the dirty flip side to it; men think they own you for the time you are on the stage and sometimes even after that.

But coming back to party madness, from Sutra to Athena, from Nyx to Hint, Opus to Mixx I am sure there is not a single pub, lounge or nightclub in Bangalore I haven’t been to, or anchored at. I have even been to the ones that are supposedly the gay bars as well, at some point in time or the other. But I like the new rule of no smoking inside pubs, my hair remains fresh smelling and I don’t feel like I walked out of a coal bin.

Crazy things parties, I should dedicate an entire post to some exclusive ones I have been part of. Raves and Farmhouses and crazy house parties. Each an enriching experience on its own.

Why I started this was to say that I miss them, but I am going to one after a really long time this Sunday, with my constant party companion, so he seems to have become from Urbanpind and f bar in Delhi all the way to Fuga here, Sandy boy, time to put on the party shoes and do the jiggy wiggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment