Thursday, July 2, 2009

She hath the falling sickness!

"He hath the falling sickness", Julius Ceaser did. This was epilepsy and Brutus and Cassius talk about it. But in my case, it is different, its not epilepsy, it is just a falling sickness, absurd but true!

The bigger they are the harder they fall, or so I am told. I am exception to this rule as well. Like for very many other rules as well. This is interesting; you would think someone my size who maintained a very low profiled weight of 45 kilograms since 9th grade that is 1999 to 2007, who is now just about 52 kilograms has probably fallen a lot more than anyone else you have ever known.

I should have made ‘falling down’ my profession long ago, if it paid well, I’d be a stinking rich millionaire by now. Sigh, if only the world worked on your whims and fancies. I am a total blunder buss, top to toe. I don’t know if I should attribute this to my amazingly horrible myopia vision enhanced with astigmatism eyesight, or to the fact that most of the time I am lost in my own worlds and I am stuck in reveries all the time. Maybe it is a combination of both.

I spill, I mess up, I fall and then I fall some more. I am so good at multi tasking, I am a perfectionist at times and I handle an OCD along with this mess of a life I lead. I am clean, but I spill, I clean up and I spill again. So, my life is a full circle that begins with cleaning, then spilling then cleaning again.

My mom is the authority on me; everything related to my existence, she is the person to be consulted. She has taught me one thing all along and she has never given up on telling me to be aware of my surroundings. She says that gravity usually works on heavy objects and it beats her how I manage to fall and hurt myself as much as I do, apparently gravity loves me.

My colleagues decided to try painting an 'X' with white paint on every spot I ever managed to take a fall, just at the office premises, then gave up the idea, because they thought the flooring from a pretty blue would have to be changed entirely to white and CoreObjects, would become XObjects with all the X’s lining the walls and the floors.

I can beat any record for tripping up with flat shoes on a flat floor. The day I was interviewed at Core, I was dressed for an event something to do with Durga Puja, so I was in a skirt and then I very nicely finished the interview and started my descent down the stairs, after a couple of steps, I missed and slid the rest of the way down, onto the landing. I assumed no one saw the fall and so I picked myself up and left. But there were eyes that saw and later recognized as well. So, to this day I am teased about it and I know I will be for a long long time to come.

I also suffer from a problem, I fall and then even if I am hurt, I laugh through the tears of pain and I laugh till I forget the whole thing. I don’t stop there either, I laugh even when someone else falls, as long as they aren’t cut or bleeding or seriously I hurt, I laugh till I manage to hurt their feelings. I wish this uncontrollable laughter had a cure or a stopper. But I guess I will fall and laugh and laugh some more, because this does not qualify as a disease with a cure or a problem with a solution.

I am told that I will be told by my children to watch out ad not trip or fall! Goodness gracious me! Gravity, please be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment