Thursday, September 24, 2009

Its just what, 3 cms?

It makes a difference, oh boy it does. I am not even twenty five and i have my mid life crisis all ready to descend.

I was never the types to bother about appearances. I was comfortable living in my favourite pair of shorts and wearing jeans and tee's to weddings. With my huge glasses, I was not exactly ever a feast to behold. Then the before and after happened. I got lenses and my aunt and mom gave my wardrobe a makeover much against my liking. How I now wish I had never changed anything about the way I looked. My line of work contributed to a bigger change, everyone thought was for the better. Being in front of the camera and modeling demands a certain appearance and i gained it. An acquired factor that became an inherent part of me.

Now as I stood in front of the mirror, combing what was left of my hair, i realized my mom was right as always. I had dark circles with all the sleeplessness and the stress of work and classes and all the other running around. I had the haggard look of having suffered a lot. I had insect bites and this infection on my left lower jaw, that had left strange warts all over. My doc calls it an infection and is treating it. Ma says its not enough if you have great clothes you need to have a good body and great looks to carry it off. I agree. I don't seem to have either.

Being unhealthy and being unattractive are two different things. I have managed both pretty well now i guess. I don't have the charm any more either maybe that's why I don't get the attention i used to. Maybe that's the reason I am no more appealing. Strange but true. Adi told me that its only 3 cms and how does it really matter. But I know how much it does and what it feels like to have low self esteem and know that you are not attractive enough. # cms, but an incision enough to leave a scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment