Thursday, September 3, 2009

A week that was...

It has been a mixed week. It has been more than a week since I wrote and I have been waiting to get back. There have been a zillion things vying for my attention and I am spread thin. A mighty heart’s review, Kaminey, Quickgun Murugan, Sicko I watched all of them and I am contemplating on what to write for the Sicko review, its Michael Moore’s and its brilliant. I have a few movies that I have to finish watching and a list of assignments to complete for class and a lot to do at work.

I can’t remember all of last week clearly, all hazy fragments and images flash by. Last week I got locked out of my room again and I sat with screwdrivers and cutting pliers till three in the morning unscrewing the bolt from the door. I managed to pull off most of it, there was still one left hinged, after several kicks to the door that left cracks in the frame, I gave up and fell asleep I wore the clothes that I could find scattered in my mother’s cupboard and I managed to last a day. I didn’t get a locksmith, had too much to do. Prabhu darling came home and actually managed to tug out the hinges from the door and stood there smiling like a benevolent God who had just unlocked the door to Paradise. Alright I’ll accept it, I was a little beaten and my ego had lost, he had managed to open the door when I had not. In retrospect, I can laugh at the expression I wore when he opened the door.

College, office, doctor, yoga, dance, planning poetry classes, Shakespeare for my students, lost nose studs, random drama snippets, house warming, the prospect of having a house, planning the shifting, everything about sharing a space with somebody in a few months. Phew! Last two weeks have been something.

No comments:

Post a Comment