Monday, August 17, 2009

The Weekend Hangover

It started on Thursday night, the weekend began then. I went for ‘love aaj kal’ and sat through it because my sister happened to tell everyone that Deepika reminded her of me. I shall reserve my comments on that one. I went with my dear fiancé, Prabhu, who got very restless and bored and the result was that we got out before the movie ended.

Friday breezed past with college and then the Independence Day celebrations at work. There was a housie game and I was laden with chocolates by the end of it. In full desi spirit I was dressed in green pants a white kurti and a saffron dupatta. In retrospect, I think the dupatta was taking it too far.

Friday night was when it began, a dinner at Eurasia and a long beautiful drive, the night sky was lit intermittently by flashes of lightning and it looked like a whole road was lighting up just for us to drive into. Midnight got even better as we sat fooling around with my camera, it started pouring and I had to jump in and get wet top to toe. Pavi joined me for a bit, but she was dry enough to not change out of her clothes. Cranberry juice in long stemmed glasses and songs lost to the winds. It was the perfect party and Pavi and I were dressed as twins, just added to all the fun.

Saturday was lazy and late; I woke up into the afternoon and then a lazier lunch, walks in the green fields and then iced tea at barista. Pavi and I spent all our time lazing and basking in the clouds and filtered sunlight. The dinner was quick and then we watched how to lose a guy in 10 days, on a screen that was huge and a theater was all to ourselves, special screening for us exclusively. The night was breezy and starlit and we had pomegranate juice this time in the glasses. We lay down in the balcony on a mat and star gazed and sang. I sat on the window sill of the car and then moved to the bonnet and as we drove around the breeze played in my hair. I think the best part of a drive is when you get to sit outside the car and take in everything from the breeze to the skies.

Sunday was the drive back and it was cloudy and breezy again. I came back and started a long overdue photo shoot, the results of which are very satisfying. Pavi and I then went about again doing odd jobs and shopping. Evening was lazy and I had a long lovely shower and then a walk on the terrace arm in arm with Prabhu. We then went on to read Tagore’s Gitanjali, and then a mom made dinner followed by spoons of condensed milk. Rain greeted Monday morning and here I am dressed in woolens and snuggling into my chair. What a weekend. I am still hungover from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment